Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Dalia Sobhy <da...@hotmail.com> on 2012/11/24 22:20:08 UTC

Java run

Dear all,
I want to run java code on top of hadoop on ubuntu server , do anyone know the commands??

Re: Java run

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
Hello Dalia,

You might want to provide more details.

1) You are writing to the Hive mailing list. Does it means you want to run
a hive query?
The wiki is not exhaustive (and that's why you might want also to get the
"Programming Hive" book) but it is still a good start.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Home
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023555.do

If your question is not Hive related, then for all general Hadoop
questions, there is the user@hadoop.apache.org mailling list. Hive is only
one way among others to query/manipulate data within a Hadoop cluster.

2) The distributed nature of Hadoop is not 'transparent'. You can not ask
it to execute any random java program is a ditributed wau  Do you already
have a job that you can launch?

3) Being on ubuntu and the way the cluster was installed might have a
slight impact on how to execute a hadoop job but it shouldn't be major.
Is there any particular point about launching a job which is not clear for
you? The documentation should be enough.
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.0.4/commands_manual.html#jar
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.0.4/mapred_tutorial.html#Usage

Regards

Bertrand