Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/01 07:14:45 UTC

Which name should used, "OpenOffice.org" or "Apache OpenOffice"?

Hi,
I find a lot of UI controls still show the name "OpenOffice.org" .
Should all of them be changed to "Apache OpenOffice"?

--
Best Regards

Re: Which name should used, "OpenOffice.org" or "Apache OpenOffice"?

Posted by Jean Weber <je...@gmail.com>.
On 2012/3/1 Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>:
> At the moment we plan to move forward with OpenOffice.org as replacement for
> %PRODUCTNAME% because there are many many dependencies all over the code and
> it is not used in the UI only.

That is good news for anyone who wants to update existing OOo user
guides for AOO -- not so many screenshots will need to be replaced.
:-)  All will need checking for other changes, of course.

--Jean

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 3/1/12 7:36 AM, Zhe Liu wrote:
> Got it.
> You mean that %PRODUCTNAME% should be "Apache OpenOffice" for the
> release build.  Whatever is OK for dev snapshots.
> Thanks.

At the moment we plan to move forward with OpenOffice.org as replacement
for %PRODUCTNAME% because there are many many dependencies all over the
code and it is not used in the UI only.

A complete name switch including all UI occurrences of the name and
directory names etc. is planned for the next version.

Apache OpenOffice is OpenOffice.org and it would have been better to
keep the product name completely for a 3.4. But any way we voted for
Apache OpenOffice and we changed some visible elements like the intro
screen, logos/images used in the setup etc.

Juergen

Posted by Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com>.
Got it.

--