Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by sri hari kali charan Tummala <ka...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/27 16:32:28 UTC

Does any one have working Ignite cluster on AWS

Hi All,

can someone help me run a working ignite cuter on AWS , did anyone able to
figure out steps required for setting up working ignite cluster on AWS.

Ignite documentation doesnt make sense it's just launching a docker
instance on Ec2.

--
Thanks & Regards
Sri Tummala

Re: Does any one have working Ignite cluster on AWS

Posted by sri hari kali charan Tummala <ka...@gmail.com>.
also can you send me full config file? so I dont have any typos etc....

<!-- Explicitly configure TCP discovery SPI to provide a list of
initial nodes. -->

        <property name="discoverySpi">

            <bean class=
"org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi">

                <property name="ipFinder">

                    <bean class=
"org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.vm.TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder">

                            <property name="addresses">

                                <list>

                                    <value> IP1</value>

                                    <value> IP2 </value>

                                    <value> IP3 </value>

                                </list>

                            </property>

                    </bean>

                </property>

            </bean>

        </property>

For Question 2

                In this approach, you don’t need to give the list of IP’s
in ignite config file, instead you just have to create an s3 bucket and
mention the s3 bucket name and access key in the ignite config. See below.

<!-- Discover IP using Amazone s3. -->

        <property name="discoverySpi">

        <bean class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi">

        <property name="ipFinder">

            <bean class=
"org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.s3.TcpDiscoveryS3IpFinder">

                <property name="bucketName" value="<your s3 bucket name>"/>

                <property name="awsCredentials">

                    <bean class="com.amazonaws.auth.BasicAWSCredentials">

                        <constructor-arg value="Your access key id"/>

                        <constructor-arg value="you secret access key"/>

                    </bean>

                </property>

            </bean>

        </property>

        </bean>

    </property>

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
Spark starts a thick-client and connects to the cluster you specify in the discoverySpi section of the configuration file.

Posted by sri hari kali charan Tummala <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephen ,

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
You have to tell it where to connect:

./sqlline -u jdbc:ignite:thin://127.0.0.1/ <thin://127.0.0.1/>

Posted by sri hari kali charan Tummala <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sri hari kali charan Tummala <ka...@gmail.com>.
Working Gridgain Ignite cluster on AWS, followed below steps and changed a
bit with aws_static_ip file.

https://www.gridgain.com/docs/8.7.6//installation-guide/manual-install-on-ec2

aws_static_ip:-

       xsi:schemaLocation="
        http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd">
<bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration" >
    <!-- other properties -->
    <!-- Explicitly configure TCP discovery SPI to provide a list of nodes.
-->

Posted by sri hari kali charan Tummala <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 1:28 AM Muhammed Favas <fa...@expeedsoftware.com>> wrote:
Hi Sri,

If your nodes created in EC2, it is very simple to start the ignite cluster. You have two option to configure the IP for all nodes auto discover the IP.

  1.  Statically giving the public IP list in the IP configuration section in ignite config file.
  2.  Use s3 bucket to configure the IP, and it will automatically discover the related nodes from s3 bucket.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by sri hari kali charan Tummala <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!