Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Thomas Artner <ar...@gmx.com> on 2005/08/22 15:28:00 UTC

tree state clear/reset

Hi!

I am using the myfaces tree component. It works well but now I would like to
replace the rootnode after pressing a button in my app.
On pressing the button I do a
tree = (TreeModel) new Tree_Model(new Long(text));

The Tree_Model(new Long(text)) generates a new TreeModel with a new
RootNode.

That works too - but if there are some nodes expanden before i "replace" the
tree I always get exceptions.

It seems that the "state" (which node is collapsed and which node is
expanded) will be applied to the new tree. And this can't work.

my Question: Where is the "state" saved? How can i "reset" the
tree-component that it forgets which nodes should be collapsed and which
should be expanded?

Greeting,
Tom

Re: Antwort: tree state clear/reset

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
It is recommended that you use tree2 at this time because most of our
users are familiar with that version.  IMO it is more flexible then
the first tree but then again, I wrote it so I am biased.

sean

Posted by Thomas Artner <ar...@gmx.com>.

Posted by ma...@daimlerchrysler.com.