Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Paul Sharples <p....@bolton.ac.uk> on 2014/02/12 13:13:32 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Wookie 1.0.0 Release Candidate

This is the ninth release for Apache Wookie, with the artefacts being versioned as 1.0.0.

We are requesting a vote via wookie-dev for the release of the artefacts in the first instance found here...

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/wookie/1.0.0/

...as the final 1.0.0 release.

PGP release keys (signed using DDED352A):

http://www.apache.org/dist/wookie/KEYS

Additionally there are 3 sets of maven artefacts, which we hope will help
others to integrate WOOKIE into their own applications. These are...

1. Wookie itself as a downloadable WAR
2. The W3C parser
3. The Java connector framework

These artefacts are now in the staging area found here...

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewookie-1000/

Please take the time to verify the artefacts before casting your vote.

Vote will be open at least 72 hours but until we receive most of the committers votes.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Fwd: [VOTE] Apache Wookie 1.0.0 Release Candidate

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
Bump!

Please do take a look at the release candidate and vote on it if you can - and that includes all community members, not just committers or PMC members.

The more people review and vote, the more likely it is we'll be able to spot and rectify any mistakes with the release before going ahead.

If you haven't done it before, reviewing and voting on a release is quite simple:

- Download some or all of the candidate files (there are several flavours).
-  Verify the signature is correct on the downloaded files (using gpg --verify)
- Unzip/untar the Wookie package and check everything is present
- Look at the NOTICE and LICENSE files - is anything missing?
- Look at the UPGRADING and NEW AND NOTEWORTHY - are they OK?
- Follow the README, BUILD and BUILD_NOTES documentation to set up and run Wookie
- If everything seems to work OK for you, you can vote +1. Otherwise, describe the problem on the [DISCUSS] thread so we can discuss if its a blocking problem requiring a -1 vote.

If you can't do all of these things, thats fine - but if you can do even a few of the review steps thats still useful and worth doing!

Thanks!

Begin forwarded message:

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache Wookie 1.0.0 Release Candidate

Posted by Paul Sharples <p....@bolton.ac.uk>.
The vote is now closed with the following results:

PMC members:
+1  [4]
  0  [0]
-1  [0]

The release vote has passed.

Voting Record:
* Scott Wilson: +1
* Paul Sharples: +1
* Kris Popat: +1
* Hoang Minh Tien +1
* Darren Jones +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Wookie 1.0.0 Release Candidate

Posted by Kris Popat <kj...@gmail.com>.
Have downloaded and checked artefacts, looked at documents.

Everything seems fine to me

+1

Kris

Posted by Minh Tien Hoang <ti...@gmail.com>.
+1

Nice work Paul, and thanks for Scott's guide, I did all the signature
verification for the packages, looked through the guides verified the
listed files, followed the instructions it runs without any problem (only
Twitter widget doesnt work well)

Tien

Posted by Paul Sharples <p....@bolton.ac.uk>.

Posted by Darren Jones <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Our application works fine with the 1.0.0 RC.

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.