Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tagir Sharipov <Ta...@winpeak.ru> on 2003/02/25 10:34:20 UTC

List of items and detail view

Hello everybody!

I have a problem with pages showing the list of items (for example,
activities) and detail view of any item. I have two pages. First page
displays the list of activities and it contains components TableView,
TableRow and others. The second should display detail data of selected at
the first table activity.
The problem is that I can't fing appropriate component in Tapestry library
for representing a link at the main table to the another page with detail
data. DirectLink and ActionLink do not fit because they have no parameters
or a page properties. I tried ExternalLink but unsuccessfully.
Method activateExternalPage in detail page was not invoked while rendering.

Tell me, please, if it is possible to create link to another page with using
such components as TableView etc. Component Foreach is not useful for me
cause of hard coding template.

Thanks in advance.

With the best wishes
Tagir

RE: List of items and detail view

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
DirectLink does allows parameters.  They are encoded as an array of objects
(not strings, but objects) and are available when the link is clicked from
the IRequestCycle.getServiceParameters() method.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components