Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Manoj Kumar Neelapareddy <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/13 08:22:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Auto Index

Hi,

I have installed Apache/2.0.54 with
enable-feature=autoindex option.

but still it couldn't generate autoindex for any
directory

directory section my config file is:

DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs"

#
# Each directory to which Apache has access can be
configured with respect
# to which services and features are allowed and/or
disabled in that
# directory (and its subdirectories).
#
# First, we configure the "default" to be a very
restrictive set of
# features.
#
<Directory />
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

#
# Note that from this point forward you must
specifically allow
# particular features to be enabled - so if
something's not working as
# you might expect, make sure that you have
specifically enabled it
# below.
#

#
# This should be changed to whatever you set
DocumentRoot to.
#
<Directory "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs">

#
# Possible values for the Options directive are
"None", "All",
# or any combination of:
#   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI MultiViews
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly*
--- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
# The Options directive is both complicated and
important.  Please see
#
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#options
# for more information.
#
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

#
# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed
in .htaccess files.
# It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the
keywords:
AllowOverride None

#
#
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

</Directory>

#
# UserDir: The name of the directory that is appended
onto a user's home
# directory if a ~user request is received.
#
UserDir public_html

#
# Control access to UserDir directories.  The
following is an example
# for a site where these directories are restricted to
read-only.
#
#<Directory /home/*/public_html>
#    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
#    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
IncludesNoExec
#    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
#        Order allow,deny
#        Allow from all
#    </Limit>
#    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
#        Order deny,allow
#        Deny from all
#    </LimitExcept>
#</Directory>

#
# DirectoryIndex: sets the file that Apache will serve
if a directory
# is requested.
#
# The index.html.var file (a type-map) is used to
deliver content-
# negotiated documents.  The MultiViews Option can be
used for the
# same purpose, but it is much slower.
#
DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.cgi
default.htm

can u guys help in sorting it out?

thanks
Manoj

Re: [users@httpd] Auto Index

Posted by Ian Stuart <Ia...@ed.ac.uk>.
Manoj Kumar Neelapareddy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Apache/2.0.54 with
> enable-feature=autoindex option.
>
> but still it couldn't generate autoindex for any
> directory
I'd like to clarify what you wish to see here...

autoindex is the thing that gives you what looks like a directory
listing, not something that creates a file called index.html for you.

yes?

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

[users@httpd] WORKER Model of Apache + Killing Forked Process????

Posted by RAJESH SEGU <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hello GUys!

I am running APACHE2 as worker thread model under
linux and during my 'pre-mpm' process I am forking a
scheduler for my requirement. I use
apr_pool_note_subprocess() to register the process in
the pool for cleanup, but alas! so many times I tried
in failure.

Hope there is someother method to kill a forked
process from apache.

One more requirement, "Is there any cleanup function
that takes place before APACHE dies. I need a hook
function to write my own cleanup". Please give me some
solution.

Thanks in Advance!

urs segu rajesh.

Discover Yahoo!