Posted to users@camel.apache.org by cgsk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/28 13:23:24 UTC

JMS Dead Letter channel discards JMS custom headers

Hi There,

I am using errorHandler with DeadLetterchannel configured with
useOriginalMessage,maximumRedeliveries and redeliveryDelay. Everything works
fine. But when I get the actual message in the dead letter queue in case of
failures, the JMS headers are getting discarded, even the JMSCorrelationID
is getting discarded. Any ideas?

Code snippet:

                         errorHandler(deadLetterChannel(dlqJMSUrl)
				.useOriginalMessage()
				.maximumRedeliveries(recordActivityRetryCount)
				.redeliveryDelay(redeliveryDelay));

I tried using preserveQos=true, but still the same issue.

Regards,
CGSK

Re: JMS Dead Letter channel discards JMS custom headers

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM, cgsk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I am using 2.8.2 version.

Yes you need Camel 2.10 or better.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: JMS Dead Letter channel discards JMS custom headers

Posted by cgsk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM, cgsk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I am using errorHandler with DeadLetterchannel configured with
> useOriginalMessage,maximumRedeliveries and redeliveryDelay. Everything works
> fine. But when I get the actual message in the dead letter queue in case of
> failures, the JMS headers are getting discarded, even the JMSCorrelationID
> is getting discarded. Any ideas?
>
> Code snippet:
>
>                          errorHandler(deadLetterChannel(dlqJMSUrl)
>                                 .useOriginalMessage()
>                                 .maximumRedeliveries(recordActivityRetryCount)
>                                 .redeliveryDelay(redeliveryDelay));
>
> I tried using preserveQos=true, but still the same issue.
>
> Regards,
> CGSK

What version of Camel do you use?

In a recent release we have improved on this for JMS so the original
headers should be included.

Claus Ibsen