Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Siva Kumar Sunkara <si...@shoregrp.com> on 2013/11/08 08:27:40 UTC

joining two datasets by join pattern matches

Hi,

I have a problem in joining two datasets when join pattern matches.
For example:
File1:
1              abc
2              xyz
3              opq
4              rst

File2:
1              bc
2              ab
3              rst
4              mno

Now want to join on second column.

Join_rst = join file1 by column2, file2 by column2 ;

Result : 4              rst

But I want output as
1              abc
4              rst

Why because bc and ab pattern matches to abc.

Any idea how this can be achieved?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Siva Kumar Sunkara

NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: The information contained in and accompanying this communication may be confidential, subject to legal privilege, or otherwise protected from disclosure, and is intended solely for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). The views expressed herein may be personal and are not necessarily the views of Shore Infotech India Private Limited ("Shore"). If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please delete the email and destroy all copies in your possession and notify the sender and our IT department (it-support@shoregrp.com) that you have received this communication in error. Note that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, this communication is expressly prohibited. E-mail messages may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be accurately replicated on other systems, or may be intercepted, deleted or interfered with without the knowledge of the sender or the intended recipient. Shore makes no warranties in relation to these matters. Please note that Shore reserves the right to intercept, monitor, and retain e-mail messages to and from its systems as permitted by applicable law. If you are not comfortable with the risks associated with e-mail messages, you may decide not to use e-mail to communicate with Shore.

Re: joining two datasets by join pattern matches

Posted by Serega Sheypak <se...@gmail.com>.
Do cross then filter ;)
Pig doesn't support join by condition