Posted to users@maven.apache.org by RobJac <ro...@caritor.com> on 2006/04/12 16:53:29 UTC

Need to Package w/o executing Test

I have a src/main and src/test folders in my project. All the Test classes
will not pass if i execute them. But I still would want package my project
even if my Test  does not execute . When i run "mvn package" command, it
tries to execute my test which fails and will not allow me to create a jar.
Is there a way i can over ride this so that i can package atleast the files
under my src/main folder?

Thanks in advance.
Robin

Re: Need to Package w/o executing Test

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true package

-Stephen

On 4/12/06, RobJac <ro...@caritor.com> wrote:

> I have a src/main and src/test folders in my project. All the Test classes
> will not pass if i execute them. But I still would want package my project
> even if my Test  does not execute . When i run "mvn package" command, it
> tries to execute my test which fails and will not allow me to create a jar.
> Is there a way i can over ride this so that i can package atleast the files
> under my src/main folder?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Robin

Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com

Re: Need to Package w/o executing Test

Posted by Julien Henry <ju...@capgemini.com>.
Hi,

<plugin>
        <configuration>
          <skip>${unittests.skip}</skip>
          <testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>
        </configuration>
</plugin>

I think testFailureIgnore is what you need.

++

RobJac a écrit :
> I have a src/main and src/test folders in my project. All the Test classes
> will not pass if i execute them. But I still would want package my project
> even if my Test  does not execute . When i run "mvn package" command, it
> tries to execute my test which fails and will not allow me to create a jar.
> Is there a way i can over ride this so that i can package atleast the files
> under my src/main folder?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Robin

Julien HENRY | **Capgemini Sud **| Nice

www.fr.capgemini.com <http://www.capgemini.com/>

Porte de l’Arénas – Entrée B | 455 Promenade des Anglais | 06200 Nice

**Join the Collaborative Business Experience**** **

Re: RE : Need to Package w/o executing Test

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.
Robin,

Here are some things copied from old questions around here with three more
ways. The only thing I tried was to add the tag to the surefire plugin to
ignore all tests. Something like:

<excludes>
  <exclude>**/*Test.*</exclude>
</excludes>

u may need to define a
maven-surefire-plugin inside build/plugins and there you define
<testFailureIgnore>true</tFI>

Thanks & Regards,
A.S.KRISHNAN,

----------------

A quick-n-dirty approach... In your pom.xml, in <build>, add the
element <testSourceDirectory>src/mytests</testSourceDirectory>.

This will override the src/test folder, so no tests will be found, and
thus no tests will be executed.

You should see:
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] No tests to run.

Make sure you use "mvn clean" first to delete the compiled test that
have already been created in target.

Wayne Fay

use -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true

Edwin Punzalan