Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by dovle <do...@delsyne.ro> on 2002/06/06 11:25:22 UTC

Custom serializer . HELP

Hi all,
I have learned how to do a custom serializer and stuff like that but now I
hit a wall.

I want to write my own serializer that should act like this.
Class X have some attributes and a special one, PK. The attributes might
contain X objects (they can be of X type, or vectors that contains X
objects). I want the base object to be serialized completelly but the X
objects contained by the base object should be serialized in short form
(only the primarykey field).

I don't know how to achieve this.

So I need to know how can I pass a context object when serializing. For
example:
marshall( base class X, contextobj )
    if( contextobj.shortForm )
        // serialize the X object in short form, only PK
    else
    {
        // fully serialize the X object
        contextObj.setShort( true ) ;
        for( element = all elems inside X )
        {
            serialize ( elements, contextObj ) ;
        }
        // make the contextobj as it was first
        contextObj.setShort( false ) ;
    }

MY QUESTION : HOW CAN I PASS THE CONTEXT OBJECT WHEN USING xjmr object.

I have seen an Object context parameter but I don't understand for what it
is used.

Please help
dovle