Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2002/03/19 16:44:05 UTC

RE: newbie jsp question

	You will need to learn how to use JDBC to access databases.  I would
suggest either going to Sun's JDBC site or looking at Interbase.  Once you
know how to execute the stored procedure from regular Java, JSP is trivial.

	Randy

Re: newbie jsp question

Posted by Lev Assinovsky <le...@peterlink.ru>.
There was no pure JDBC driver (type 4) for Borland Interbase.
It was just released for Firebird 1.0 (free Interbase).
(http://firebird.sourceforge.net)

Randy Layman wrote:

>         You will need to learn how to use JDBC to access databases.  I would
> suggest either going to Sun's JDBC site or looking at Interbase.  Once you
> know how to execute the stored procedure from regular Java, JSP is trivial.
>
>         Randy

Lev Assinovsky                Peterlink Web
Programmer		      St. Petersburg, Russia
Tel/Fax: +7 812 3275343       197022 ul.Chapigina 7а
E-mail: lev@peterlink.ru