Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Vivek Kumar Gupta <vk...@networkprograms.com> on 2005/03/02 10:54:20 UTC

help in xml4j

Hi ,

i am new to xml4j parser of IBM, I am using AIX 5.3 with IBM Java 1.4.2 64bit.

kindly help me in

Download link for getting xml4j parser for IBM.

( IBM never replied to me from this link https://secure.alphaworks.ibm.com/aw.nsf/contact/xml4j )

Regards
Vivek Kumar Gupta
Dept.: Switching
Network Programs (I) Ltd.
B-1-C, Sector -10, Noida.
Email: vkgupta@networkprograms.com
Tel: +91-120-2536622/2544781 Ext: 1160
Network Programs is a SEI-CMM Level 5 & ISO 9001: 2000 Certified Company
The information contained in this communication (including any attachments) is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed
and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by responding to this email and delete it from your system.
Network Programs (India) Limited is neither liable for the proper and complete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt.

Re: help in xml4j

Posted by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com>.
Vivek,
there are two things here:
- IBMs xml4j parser
- Apache opensource Xerces XML parser

The Xerces parser is packaged into various IBM products as its xml4j
parser. I'm not aware that people can freely download IBMs xml4j parser, I
think that it is essentially purchased as part of an IBM product (someone
on the Xerces team can correct me on this if I'm wrong).

If having the Apache opensource Xerces parser is sufficient for you then
you can go here:
  http://xml.apache.org
then click on "Xerces Java 2" on the left of the page. After that you will
see a download link on the left, etc. However, if you need IBMs xml4j
parser, send me a note and I'll get you in touch with someone from IBM.

- Brian
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian Minchau
XSLT Development, IBM Toronto