Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Jelda, Venkata Ramana" <je...@infosim.net> on 2002/04/04 17:31:18 UTC

bug in mentioning xsi:type

HI,
Here I will explain problem with a simple example.
I have a two simple types in my wsdl file, names Size_Type and Test_Type
(just an ex.)

1) <xsd:simpleType name="Size_Type">
	<xsd:annotation>
			<xsd:documentation>Type represented
packetsize-value.</xsd:documentation>
	</xsd:annotation>
	<xsd:restriction base="xsd:long">
			<xsd:minInclusive value="48"/>
			<xsd:maxInclusive value="65535"/>
	</xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>

2)<xsd:simpleType name="Test_Type">
	<xsd:annotation>
		<xsd:documentation>Type represented
port-address.</xsd:documentation>
	</xsd:annotation>
	<xsd:restriction base="xsd:long">
		<xsd:minInclusive value="1"/>
		<xsd:maxInclusive value="65535"/>
	</xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>

The xsi:type in soap message for the two types of messages is the same
single type(Size_Type). Why is this happening..
I thought it looks for long type(in my case) in its database and finds
the first reference Size_Type and returns that one. But in my case that
should not happen.
Even though both are long type ,their restrictions are diffrent.

how could I solve this problem?? I think this is bug in axis
implementation..

Thanks for any type of comments..

Ramana