Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Ikuo Yamasaki <ya...@lab.ntt.co.jp> on 2010/12/15 04:47:54 UTC

Q regarding ExecutionEnviroment

Hi,

I have a question regarding ExecutionEnviroments supported by Felix
framework.

Q. Can it run on CDC Foundation Profile 1.1 ?

Thank you in advance,

=======
Ikuo YAMASAKI

Re: Q regarding ExecutionEnviroment

Posted by Ikuo Yamasaki <ya...@lab.ntt.co.jp>.
I got it. Thanks.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 19:37:00 -0500
"Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> wrote:

Richard> On 12/16/10 7:11 PM, Ikuo Yamasaki wrote:
Richard> > So, if there is only one framework running on the system, (it is usual
Richard> > in the embedded world, the feature does not mean anything.
Richard>
Richard> Correct.
Richard>
Richard> -> richard

=======

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 12/16/10 7:11 PM, Ikuo Yamasaki wrote:
> So, if there is only one framework running on the system, (it is usual
> in the embedded world, the feature does not mean anything.

Correct.

-> richard

Posted by Ikuo Yamasaki <ya...@lab.ntt.co.jp>.
Hi Richard,

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:16:05 -0500
"Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> wrote:

Richard> On 12/15/10 20:31, Ikuo Yamasaki wrote:
Richard> > Hi Richard,
Richard> >
Richard> > Thank you for your comment.
Richard> >
Richard> > On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:02:43 -0500
Richard> > "Richard S. Hall"<he...@ungoverned.org>  wrote:
Richard> >
Richard> > Richard>  On 12/14/10 22:47, Ikuo Yamasaki wrote:
Richard> > Richard>  >  CDC Foundation Profile 1.1
Richard> > Richard>
Richard> > Richard>  We don't test on it regularly, but we try to not use recent Java
Richard> > Richard>  features, so it should and if not, you can report issues. Currently,
Richard> > Richard>  there is this outstanding issue:
Richard> > Richard>
Richard> > Richard>       https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2700
Richard> >
Richard> > That is the issue I have encountered !!
Richard>
Richard> You can use 3.0.5 as a work around for now.

I got it.

Richard>
Richard> > Richard>  This was the result of a recent change, so we'll introduce a
Richard> > Richard>  configuration property to disable cache locking for smaller VMs.
Richard> >
Richard> > Q1. Is my understanding correct ?
Richard> > - After introducing the configuration property, the Felix framework will
Richard> > be able to run on CDC FP1.1. However, in that case, "cache locking"
Richard> > feature will be missed.
Richard>
Richard> File locking will be enabled by default, you will need to disable it on
Richard> Foundation. Yes, the feature will be missed. However, we survived 10
Richard> years without it, so I doubt it will be missed. :-)

I'll comment for the later.

Richard>
Richard> > Q2. Could you tell me about "cache locking" feature ?
Richard> >     (What will be a problem in CDC FP1.1 case?)
Richard>
Richard> Nothing. Just don't configure two frameworks to use the same bundle cache.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.