Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2007/12/01 00:13:35 UTC

Re: Node Resource.getNode() vs. Object Resource.getRawData()

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> ...currently the API
>> does not have any other reference to JCR! So, introducing this one
>> single dependency does not seem to fit the "JCR backed" theme either,
>> right? It's one method out of hundreds (didn't really count them)....
>
> Not sure if I understand correctly, do you mean that is a good thing
> that the API doesn't (or didn't) have a dependency on the JCR libs?
:) I think it should either have a deep dependency on JCR or non at all,
but not just one method.

> Me, I don't really care...it feels a bit funny to have just one method
> be dependent on JCR, but that might just indicate that the API is well
> decoupled from JCR.
I think this indicates that there is something wrong with the API :)

But fortunately I can get back to the beach as Felix has found a nice
solution.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler