Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by GMLチェックツール <gm...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/27 07:51:08 UTC

Japanese file names cannot be correctly assembled by maven-assembly-plugin

I am successfully created the distribution zip file but when I add a
file which is in Japanese character file name, it is include in the zip
file but the file name was garbled.

How to reproduce: add a file to be included in the distribution which
file name is in Japanese character. i will provide a sample file.
sample file name: 新規ドキュメント.xml

Environment: Windows XP SP3 Japanese, Eclipse Ganymede 3.4.2

Thanks in advance.

Re: Japanese file names cannot be correctly assembled by maven-assembly-plugin

Posted by GMLチェックツール <gm...@gmail.com>.
thanks a lot.
i tried truzip but there's an error saying that the fileset tag is not
valid.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
You should file an issue ticket to make sure that this is handled properly.
Include the steps on how to reproduce, like you did in your mail. Also,
including a test project will make is easier for anyone to have a look and
therefore increasing the likelihood of getting this fixed.

I'm assuming you're using the maven-assembly-plugin to create the distro
zip? In that case, here's info on how to report issues on that project:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/issue-tracking.html

/Anders