Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by brijesh m <br...@yahoo.com> on 2008/07/27 14:00:43 UTC

"Work in Progress" as product type

Hi friends,
I have given the status of "work in progress"(WIP)  to the product in the intermediate stage of my manufacturing process. But after completion of its corresponding producing task this product(WIP) was not incremented in inventory. Is there any way out ?

Thanks
Brijesh M.

Re: "Work in Progress" as product type

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
let me review the docs and code before I put my foot in my mouth.
:)

brijesh m sent the following on 7/27/2008 10:55 AM:

Support on mailing list was "Work in Progress" as product type

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
First I think if someone wants something special or custom, by all means
hire someone, if you want the fastest solution the Author of ofbiz or
someone he trained is the most likely candidate.

However I think there is a fine line when it comes to having the correct
and comprehensive documentation, the the Charging because it is not here.

I point out that David made it very clear the mailing list was to help
as much as we can.

Now I don't think someone should jump in and write the documentation all
at once but as situation are presented they should be documented on the
confluence or worked out in the mailing list.

Just my 2 cents.
BTW that is my only goal by answering here.
to Help.

brijesh m sent the following on 7/27/2008 12:05 PM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Well there has to be a balance here.
As I stated before, most support is for technical types.
there is no way currently an end user can learn this from the documents,
or mailing list. Hopefully in a few years.
So most users are Technical and the ones that just want to use ofbiz
OOTB (sorry about before) are going to need a technical type on their
team to help them.

There is no way, I have found, that the mailing list can support a
learning process that is detailed enough to bring somebody up to speed
in a short time.
Also there is no way that anyone can bring themselves up to an
Enterprise level software in a short time.
Even if you took the courses there is still learning.

that said there is a lot of work to make ofbiz, user friendly and
intuitive. I see and effort of this going one now.

So the mailing list is more to give hints where to look, so you can go
through the code and figure it out.

brijesh m sent the following on 7/28/2008 12:51 AM:

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brijesh,

On Jul 28, 2008, at 9:51 AM, brijesh m wrote:
> Will you elaborate more on this. Whats wrong in discovering a lot
> by oneself ? I can explore the things and at the same time discuss
> it with the community, is anything unethical I am doing. You are
> getting me wrong I am not compelling anyone to code for me. I just
> want to share the working knowledge of OFBiz and contribute back if
> I find something missing which is useful to me.

Of course you are free to do all the research and questions you want.
However, based on my experience, in order to successfully configure
(or customize) OFBiz to fit the manufacturing requirements of the
company you are (most likely) working for you will have to study a
lot, read very well the hints received by others (me included) in the
mailing list and don't expect to have someone guiding you thru your
requirements because this requires a lot of time and few people/
companies are in the position to do this for free.
I must admit that there is something in your messages that annoys me:
it is the message that I can summarize with "What I want to do is
simple, I can't believe that OFBiz cannot do this"; if you are not
able, even with the hints received by the mailing list, to
successfully configure your system, most likely there are two reasons:
1) what you want to do is not as standard as you think it is (so you
have to customize or extend the system)
2) your knowledge of the setup of manufacturing processes in ERP
systems in general (and OFBiz in particular) is not deep enough to get
the best out of your efforts and the hints from the mailing lists
If you say that you cannot accomplish a simple manufacturing process,
others may get the message that OFBiz cannot handle a simple
manufacturing process (which is not true).

Cheers,

Jacopo

Re: "Work in Progress" as product type

Posted by brijesh m <br...@yahoo.com>.
Hi David,

Re: HR Process

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Vishal, Payroll System is place where we can start work on the basis of
Requirements.
Do you have some requirement for your client ?

It would be good if you will propose the requirement in front of Community.

--
Ashish Vijaywargiya
Indore (M.P), India

Re: HR Process

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Sorry, no ideas. You will have to look into code...

Jacques

From: "vishal gupta" <vi...@yahoo.com>

Re: HR Process

Posted by vishal gupta <vi...@yahoo.com>.

Re: HR Process

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "vishal gupta" <vi...@yahoo.com>

Re: HR Process

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
The data book Vol 1 is where it was taken from
this lets you atleast under stand the data structure.
for the rest a good place to start is
http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/listpages-alphaview.action?key=OFBTECH
and
http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/listpages-alphaview.action?key=OFBIZ

vishal gupta sent the following on 7/28/2008 12:19 AM:

Re: HR Process

Posted by brijesh m <br...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Vishal,
I am also configuring my HR in OFBiz and the following things I have located so far :
1. Employee joining
you can get t from "Employees" sub tab.

2. Monthly leaves
you can get it from "Leave" sub tab.

3. monthly payroll processing
you can get it from "Employments" sub tab but you have to configure it according to Indian perspective, I am trying to do so please share some thoughts.

4. time based and performance based incentives
you can get it from "Performance Review" sub tab.

Thanks
Brijesh M.

vishal gupta <vi...@yahoo.com> wrote: Hello All,

HR Process

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Well, I'm not sure if that's but best way to sum it up, but that's
only so relevant.

However one would describe how you're going about this, how is it
working for you?

-David

Posted by brijesh m <br...@yahoo.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by brijesh m <br...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by brijesh m <br...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jacopo,
thanks for the suggestion I am looking forward to it. But don't you think it was a very elementary problem as far as manufacturing process is concerned and I am trying to solve it through UI first.

Thanks
Brijesh M.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by brijesh m <br...@yahoo.com>.