Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Maurice Lawler <ma...@daoenix.com> on 2014/02/06 03:24:07 UTC

What is your setup?

Just a general question....

What is YOUR favorite setup? KVM? Xen? VmWare?

- Maurice

Re: What is your setup?

Posted by Sergio Tonani <se...@csi.it>.
 I prefer QEMU-KVM.

 >  _________________________________________________________________________
 >
 >  Il 6 febbraio 2014 alle 18.15 Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>
 > ha scritto:
 >  > I use all three of them regularly, but I find Xen the easiest with
 >  > CloudStack.
 >  >
 >  >
 >  > On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 8:26 PM, <hu...@gmail.com> wrote:
 >  >
 >  > > VMware
 >  > >
 >  > >
 >  > > > On 06-Feb-2014, at 8:30 am, Outback Dingo <ou...@gmail.com>
 >  > > wrote:
 >  > > >
 >  > > >> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Maurice Lawler <ma...@daoenix.com>
 >  > > wrote:
 >  > > >>
 >  > > >> Just a general question....
 >  > > >>
 >  > > >> What is YOUR favorite setup? KVM? Xen? VmWare?
 >  > > >
 >  > > >
 >  > > > XEN XEN XEN.........
 >  > > >
 >  > > >
 >  > > >>
 >  > > >>
 >  > > >> - Maurice
 >  > > >>
 >  > >
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >
 >  > --
 >  > *Mike Tutkowski*
 >  > *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
 >  > e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
 >  > o: 303.746.7302
 >  > Advancing the way the world uses the
 >  > cloud<http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
 >  > *(tm)*

 Sergio Tonani

 CSI Piemonte
 C.so Tazzoli 215 B - 10135 Torino
 Tel. +39 011.316.5843
 e-mail: sergio.tonani@csi.it
 www.csipiemonte.it

Re: What is your setup?

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
o: 303.746.7302
Advancing the way the world uses the
*(tm)*

Re: What is your setup?

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by hu...@gmail.com.

Re: What is your setup?

Posted by Outback Dingo <ou...@gmail.com>.

Re: What is your setup?

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 06.02.2014 08:03, Zack Payton wrote:
> What about Xen makes it superior to KVM?
>

> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 11:56 PM, Serge van Ginderachter <
> serge@vanginderachter.be> wrote:
>
>> KVM, as we need Ceph support

>>> great ride, reasonable costs, easy to maintain
>>>

>> BMW reasonable cost? You shouldn't drink and drive.

Check this
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.cloudstack.user/9516

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: What is your setup?

Posted by Zack Payton <zp...@gmail.com>.

Re: What is your setup?

Posted by Serge van Ginderachter <se...@vanginderachter.be>.
​KVM, as we need Ceph support
​

Re: What is your setup?

Posted by Outback Dingo <ou...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 10:31 PM, Umair Azam <ua...@i2cinc.com> wrote:

> VMware= Lamborghini

LOL yeah..... over priced for what you get

> Xen= BMW

great ride, reasonable costs, easy to maintain

> KVM= Motor Bike

no power..........

Re: What is your setup?

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.
On 06-Feb-2014, at 9:01 am, Umair Azam <ua...@i2cinc.com> wrote:

> VMware= Lamborghini
> Xen= BMW
> KVM= Motor Bike
>
> :D

Bare Metal!!!

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

Our CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> offers the best 24/7 SLA for CloudStack Environments.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: What is your setup?

Posted by Umair Azam <ua...@i2cinc.com>.
VMware= Lamborghini

Re: What is your setup?

Posted by Dave Hoffman <da...@appcore.com>.
All of the above.  KVM is our leading hypervisor at the moment.

On 02/05/2014 08:24 PM, Maurice Lawler wrote:
> Just a general question....
>
> What is YOUR favorite setup? KVM? Xen? VmWare?
>
> - Maurice

*Dave Hoffman*
System Administrator | Appcore - the business of cloud computing®

Office +1.800.735.7104 | Fax +1.515.612.7878
Direct +1.515.612.7808 | Mobile +1.515.966.4633
dave.hoffman@appcore.com <ma...@appcore.com> |
www.appcore.com <http://www.appcore.com>
The information in this message is intended for the named recipients
only. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, do not print it or disseminate it or its contents. In such event,
please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the e-mail file
immediately thereafter. Thank you.

Re: What is your setup?

Posted by Frankie Onuonga <fr...@gmail.com>.
I will definitely go with Xen any day.