Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Roland <wg...@ids.de> on 2013/10/09 13:37:02 UTC

Re: Apache Felix and OSGI R5

hello Felix-experts,
I am looking for informations about whether or how much of the Subsystems
specification and Common Namespaces Specification is implemented in Apache
Felix.

Thanks und Regards,
Roland

Re: Apache Felix and OSGI R5

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roland,

See here for some instructions on how I got it working at the time:
http://coderthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/04/osgi-subsystems.html

Cheers,

David

Re: Apache Felix and OSGI R5

Re: Apache Felix and OSGI R5

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
On 9 October 2013 16:48, Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> On 10/9/13 11:23 , CLEMENT Jean-Philippe wrote:
>>
>> I guess this is not the issue. From my understanding, Aries in itself is
>> already too heavy for him and he would like the "Subsystems specification
>> and Common Namespaces Specification" implementation alone.
>

> Ah. I would have assumed that the implementation from Aries would be usable
> independently from anything else in Aries...if not, then I see.

When I looked at it last the implementation in Aries had the following
bundles/dependencies:

org.apache.aries.subsystem.api_1.0.0
org.apache.aries.subsystem.core_1.0.0
org.apache.aries.subsystem.obr_1.0.0
org.apache.aries.application.api_1.0.0
org.apache.aries.application.modeller_1.0.0
org.apache.aries.application.utils_1.0.0
org.apache.aries.blueprint_1.1.0
org.apache.aries.proxy_1.0.1
org.apache.aries.util_1.1.0
org.apache.felix.bundlerepository_1.6.6
org.apache.felix.resolver_1.0.0
org.eclipse.equinox.coordinator_1.1.0.v20120522-1841
org.eclipse.equinox.region_1.1.0.v20120522-1841
slf4j.api_1.7.5
slf4j.simple_1.7.5

So while it has a number of dependencies, it certainly doesn't depend
on everything in Aries...

Cheers,

David

Re: Apache Felix and OSGI R5

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 10/9/13 11:23 , CLEMENT Jean-Philippe wrote:
> I guess this is not the issue. From my understanding, Aries in itself is already too heavy for him and he would like the "Subsystems specification and Common Namespaces Specification" implementation alone.

Ah. I would have assumed that the implementation from Aries would be
usable independently from anything else in Aries...if not, then I see.

-> richard

RE: Apache Felix and OSGI R5

Posted by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com>.

Re: Apache Felix and OSGI R5

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Re: Apache Felix and OSGI R5

Re: Apache Felix and OSGI R5

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roland,

There is a Subsystems spec implementation at Apache Aries [1]. I wrote
a little getting started blog post about it a few months back [2].

Cheers,

David

[1] http://aries.apache.org
[2] http://coderthoughts.blogspot.ie/2013/04/osgi-subsystems.html