Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "DURAND, Philippe" <Ph...@cneti.caisse-epargne.fr> on 2006/08/09 08:48:08 UTC

Using subversion on IBM pServer under AIX 5 L (5.2 or 5.3)

Hi,

I'm newbee to subversion, may be my post is on the bad ML, in that case
excuse me for disturbing.

I am trying to install subversion on an IBM pServer running AIX 5.2.
I downloaded the source package.
But, i saw some prerequisite like apache 2.X
I can only find apache 1.3 for AIX as binary rpm
I found the rel2 src.rpm but the prerequisite are not satisfied

root@trade_b:/tmp/apache# rpm -v --rebuild httpd-2.2.2-1.src.rpm
Installing httpd-2.2.2-1.src.rpm
error: failed build dependencies:
        apr-devel   is needed by httpd-2.2.2-1
        apr-util-devel   is needed by httpd-2.2.2-1
        openldap-devel   is needed by httpd-2.2.2-1
        db4-devel   is needed by httpd-2.2.2-1
        expat-devel   is needed by httpd-2.2.2-1
        findutils   is needed by httpd-2.2.2-1
        pkgconfig   is needed by httpd-2.2.2-1
        /usr/bin/apr-1-config   is needed by httpd-2.2.2-1
        /usr/bin/apu-1-config   is needed by httpd-2.2.2-1
root@trade_b:/tmp/apache#

Does someone here have a solution to that issue.
Thanks for your help

Philippe Durand
CNETI - Direction de la Production
Tel: 01 58 40 21 59

Re: Using subversion on IBM pServer under AIX 5 L (5.2 or 5.3)

Posted by Henk Wissink <He...@Boschman.NL>.
Hello,

as far as I understood the http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.pdf (based on rev. 2354) chapter 6 page 108,
you either have to use Apache 2.0 or svn's own server utility. However, it should be possible to run both Apache
versions (1.x and 2.0) together. See the document.

Henk Wissink
-----End------of------this------message-----