Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Von Gunten, Bernhard" <be...@hp.com> on 2007/02/07 17:14:00 UTC

Connection Pool does not disconnect after APP shutdown.

Hi

We're using connection pooling in tomcat 5.0.28. Everything works fine.
But if we stop the application in the manager console, the connections
stay open to the database, and so the corresponding datasource?! Ist
this to be expected?

Even more surprising is the fact that if we restart the web application,
Tomcat is creating a new pool and we've got even more open connections
to the database.

We configure the connection pool in the corresponding context xml of a
webapplication.

I've read the tomcat documentation which explains great the creation of
a pool, but how to get rid of a connection pool?

 - Manually destroy the datasource in the destroy of the servlet?
(Iiiks!)
 - Configure tomcat to close corresponding connections and connection
pools of a webapp when it's brought down?

Thanks for any tips & hints

Bernhard von Gunten