Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by xiong qin <qi...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/31 03:24:37 UTC

how to stop or remove a topology, a application

Hi, i am interested in egdent. After running IotAppServiceTest.java, I have
a question: how to stop or remove a topology, a application?

Re: how to stop or remove a topology, a application

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
> On Jul 30, 2017, at 11:24 PM, xiong qin <qi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, i am interested in egdent. After running IotAppServiceTest.java, I have
> a question: how to stop or remove a topology, a application?

Just in case there’s a misunderstanding, that test is not doing something that a normal Edgent application would likely do.
An Edgent app that wanted to leverage the JsonControlService/AppService capabilities would more likely utilize the IotProvider [1]

But in response to your question, you can use a job close/stop JSON device command request to stop it.
The app/job submission request includes the “name” that the jobs is to be given.  That name identifies the job in close/stop request.

Click on the PACKAGE tab on the IotProvider javadoc page [1] for a description of those two requests.

A newer not-yet-released more complete version of the table is available in the GitHub at [2]

[1] https://edgent.apache.org/javadoc/latest/org/apache/edgent/providers/iot/IotProvider.html <https://edgent.apache.org/javadoc/latest/org/apache/edgent/providers/iot/IotProvider.html>
[2] https://github.com/dlaboss/incubator-edgent/blob/master/providers/iot/src/main/java/org/apache/edgent/providers/iot/package-info.java <https://github.com/dlaboss/incubator-edgent/blob/master/providers/iot/src/main/java/org/apache/edgent/providers/iot/package-info.java>

Hope that helps,
— Dale