Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Rahul Jain <ra...@apache.org> on 2000/03/01 00:56:08 UTC

problems with cvs?

Confirming that 'anoncvs' access to the CVS repository is broken.

> cvs [update aborted]: unrecognized auth response from xml.apache.org: cvs:
> setgroups: Operation not permitted

I get this same error. Can someone who has the authority and necessary
permissions on 'locus', please set the right permissions on the
directory.

Getting 'anoncvs' is critical to building the next release of Xerces-C
and XML4C happen. The build system that we have is currently 'stuck'.

Thank you,

rahul

Re: problems with cvs?

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.
Sorry, Pier...You and Brian are the only people with root access on locus,
and You are usually more reachable.  When critical infrastructure, like
CVS, is down for any period of time, it affects lots of people, and lots of messages
go to people with root access!

Mike

Re: problems with cvs?

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.

Re: problems with cvs?

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Xander D Harkness wrote:

> I tried too.  I do not think it is possible!

It is, I just subscribed and unsubscribed... It works...

	Pier

<ma...@betaversion.org>    <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

RE: problems with cvs?

Posted by Xander D Harkness <xa...@wildthorn.com>.
I tried too.  I do not think it is possible!

I tried all the ways possible to unsubscribe from this mailing list. How to
do that?

RE: problems with cvs?

Posted by Gerard van Enk <ge...@eo.nl>.
> I tried all the ways possible to unsubscribe from this mailing
> list. How to
> do that?

Maybe you can take a look at <http://xml.apache.org/mail.html> 8-)

Gerard