Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Logan Barfield <lb...@tqhosting.com> on 2014/12/15 23:47:44 UTC

Potential feature: Firewall comments

Currently in the UI and API it can be difficult to tell what exactly a
particular firewall rule is being used for.  I know that it is currently
possible to add "tags" to firewall rules, but that seems suboptimal from an
ease-of-use standpoint.

Would it be feasible to add a "comment" or "description" field for firewall
rules in advanced zones?  It could be added as an extra DB column, and
appear in the UI and listFirewallRules API call (unless it's left blank).
In theory the description/comment could also be added to the IPtables rule
on the VR.

This could probably also be applied to security groups.

Thoughts, comments?

RE: Potential feature: Firewall comments

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.
+1 for adding description and "Deny" option to the firewall API

Posted by Logan Barfield <lb...@tqhosting.com>.

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
+1