Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kenny Cheang <kc...@k-swiss.com> on 2006/12/02 02:58:48 UTC

M2: Site generation failed for multi-module projects

Hi there,

I have a project with two modules (A and B). Module B has a dependency
of module A. Everything works fine when I perform "mvn compile" or "mvn
package" in parent project directory. But "mvn site" failed with the
following error:

[INFO]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:

----------

1) com.kswiss.xi:xi-core:jar:${project-version}

  Then, install it using the command:

      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.kswiss.xi
-DartifactId=xi-core \

          -Dversion=${project-version} -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:

        1) com.kswiss.xi:xi-showcase:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

        2) com.kswiss.xi:xi-core:jar:${project-version}

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I mentioned that the "mvn
compile" and "mvn package" works fine when I execute these commands in
parent project directory. But if I execute them in module B directory, I
will get the same error. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Kenny

Re: M2: Site generation failed for multi-module projects

Posted by kcheang <kc...@k-swiss.com>.
LOL. I followed an exmaple in the Maven book by Mergere. They had the
typo "project-version" instead of the "project.version". Everything
works now. Thanks for your help!

Kenny

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kcheang <kc...@k-swiss.com>.