Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/06/06 10:58:50 UTC

[Bug?]: Javadocs and JDK 1.4

Hi,

I can't build the javadocs using JDK 1.4 on W2K. It seems that
javadoc does not like the package
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java

If I remove this directory everything works fine.

Is not allowed to name a package xxx.java ?

Carsten

RE: [Bug?]: Javadocs and JDK 1.4

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> >

> > > Well, so JDK 1.4 cannot be used for building javadocs...great!
> > >
> > > If someone is interested, there is a easier workaround:
> > > - simply adding the attribute excludepackagenames="**.java" to the
> > javadoc
> > > task
> >
> > And there is no other way? Sounds like jdk bug...
> >
> Yupp.

Ok, I found that this is entered as a valid bug in the jdk bug database,
but there is a workaround by using the -subpackages parameter.

Unfortunately this parameter does not work with ...guess what.. jdk 1.3.
So I changed the build.xml, put a condition for generating javadocs in it
and now we can build all javadocs with jdk 1.3 or jdk 1.4.

Carsten

RE: [Bug?]: Javadocs and JDK 1.4

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> > Well, so JDK 1.4 cannot be used for building javadocs...great!
> >
> > If someone is interested, there is a easier workaround:
> > - simply adding the attribute excludepackagenames="**.java" to the
> javadoc
> > task
>
> And there is no other way? Sounds like jdk bug...

Yupp.

I tried it for at least 30mins here with the latest ant, different settings
etc, with no better result...
It seems that as soon as something ends with ".java", javadoc assumes it's a
class and not a package.

Carsten

RE: [Bug?]: Javadocs and JDK 1.4

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.