Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kit Marshall <ki...@crystalmoments.net> on 2006/03/20 17:11:51 UTC

post-commit hook to copy revision changes

I would like to use a post-commit hook to copy the changed files of
each revision over to my testing server.  Since the post-commit
provides the revision it seems that you could pass that into "svnlook
changed" to get the list of changed files and then copy those from the
repository to a "live" copy.

Am I on the right track or is there an easier way to keep a "live" copy
of the HEAD of a repository in another directory?  I know the
hot-backup could do this but doesn't that copy the entire repository
as opposed to what was just changed?

I'm running svn version 1.2.3 on Fedora 4 with Apache 2.0.54.

Thanks,

Kit Marshall

Re: post-commit hook to copy revision changes

Posted by Kit Marshall <ki...@crystalmoments.net>.
Thanks for the tip Ryan.  Your response prompted some searching in
that direction and I found this in the faq:

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#website-auto-update

Thanks again,

Kit Marshall

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.