Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> on 2015/12/21 17:14:17 UTC

[Fortress] Time for a release?

Hello,

It has been some time since we’ve released fortress, over 8 months, and it has only core and not the others.  Since that time there have been many enhancements and fixes that should be made available.

I am proposing that we increase the frequency of releases to the apache directory fortress sub-projects.  In the past, before moved to apache directory, we released around once a month.  That is probably too frequent, but 5 or 6 times a year sounds about right to me.

That being said, I don’t believe a release means that everything is perfect in the code base.  There are many things that fortress ‘should do’ but that must not get in the way with having the best possible working code available for our community.

The problems we face: the only way to use (apache directory fortress) realm, rest and web is by downloading source and building locally.

So what do you say - can we get the next full release done sometime in the next weeks?

Best

Shawn

Re: [Fortress] Time for a release?

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
And I will help communicate it to the outside world where possible. Which
hopefully leads to more adopters, more contributors.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shawn,

What you posted makes sense to me. If we feel that the code base has
significantly evolved compared to the latest availabe release we should
indeed consider cutting a new release.