Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dishaa <di...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/18 17:00:12 UTC

FOP v0.93 Scaling Image Issue

Dear Users,

The image issue width I have with FopV0.93 and scaling persists.
ALL images are displaying out of the width of the page.

I need to add any changes to the image to the customization layer. And I am
adding the below and it does not work (maybe v obviously for some reason)! I
would really appreciate if anyone could spend a few minutes just telling me
what changes need to be made so that the images display correctly.

I have .Gifs (yes, I will use .png in future), fop version 0.93, and DocBook
XSL version 1.72.0.

<xsl:template match="process.image">
<fo:block>
<fo:external-graphic
                content-height="scale-to-fit"
                content-width="scale-to-fit"
                scaling="uniform"
                height="12mm"/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

The SRC part confuses me totally, since it looks like it applies to a single
image. And I need the change for ALL images, since 80% of the images I have
in my document are going out of the page.

Help will be greatly appreciated!
THANK you :)

PS: I have fixed the bookmark and admonition images problems. Phew! Thanks
to everybody who wrote back with solutions!

Re: FOP v0.93 Scaling Image Issue

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Jul 18, 2007, at 21:20, Dishaa wrote:

Hi

>> Is it possible to send us a FO fragment (not the XSLT template), so
>> that we can see exactly which values for the attributes end up there?
>> The only thing immediately catching my eye is the absence of a width-
>> property. Maybe this is causing weird results...?
>
> Here's the FO snippet.
>
> <fo:block text-align="center"><fo:external-graphic
> src="url(documentation/Rep_Pub/Rep_Pub_WorkFlow3.gif)" width="auto"
> height="auto" content-width="auto" content-height="auto"
> text-align="center"/></fo:block>
>
> Let me know if this "auto" needs to be replaced by 0 or 1 and how I
> can
> apply to all images.

Setting all the values to "auto" will indeed lead to the content-
width being equal to the image's intrinsic width.

In any case, this FO snippet is not generated by the template you
posted earlier.

How or where in the stylesheets you do need to change the relevant
attribute values is best asked on the Docbook list. If you're
adventurous, you can also look up which source nodes are responsible
for this output, and search the matching template in the Docbook
stylesheets. The values for the attributes you posted earlier should
work nicely if they are used in the correct place.

Good luck!

Cheers

Andreas

Re: FOP v0.93 Scaling Image Issue

Posted by Dishaa <di...@yahoo.com>.
>Is it possible to send us a FO fragment (not the XSLT template), so
>that we can see exactly which values for the attributes end up there?
>The only thing immediately catching my eye is the absence of a width-
>property. Maybe this is causing weird results...?

Here's the FO snippet.

<fo:block text-align="center"><fo:external-graphic
src="url(documentation/Rep_Pub/Rep_Pub_WorkFlow3.gif)" width="auto"
height="auto" content-width="auto" content-height="auto"
text-align="center"/></fo:block>

Let me know if this "auto" needs to be replaced by 0 or 1 and how I can
apply to all images.

Thanks,
Dishaa

Re: FOP v0.93 Scaling Image Issue