Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 1999/01/31 09:49:51 UTC

[Fwd: [dav-announce] Release: mod_dav 0.9.6-1.3.4]

Hi all!

As I've mentioned before, I would hope that some or all of mod_dav could
be incorporated into Apache (2.0). I've just updated the license, with
the 0.9.6 release, to be similar to Apache's. This should make it easier
to provide mod_dav as part of Ralf's contrib package, or as part of
Apache itself.

Ralf provided a list a long while back (Nov 8th) that explained that (at
least) four features of a module were necessary for integration with
Apache: stable/clean, license, maintainer within the AG, and size. I've
got the first two done, but the last two are a bit harder :-). Because
of the size thing, I believe mod_dav might never become part of the real
distribution, but I would hope that portions of mod_dav can be
integrated; both to simplify mod_dav, and to provide similar
functionality to other modules.

thx,
-g

--