Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JS <po...@pooquey.com> on 2001/11/01 17:21:29 UTC

Tomcat 4.01/Apache 1.13.22/Mod Webapp

Okay I'm desparate.  I need help.  You guys have been great, but here's my
deal:
I have set up Tomcat 4.01 to serve jsp alongside apache.  I'm trying to
deploy an app that uses jdbc connections to mysql.  I know the connections
work, but I am having a problem setting up server.xml and web.xml properly to
stop the IllegalStateException errors my app keeps throwing once it connects
through jdbc.  Any suggestions?

These are the error messages I get from the logs:
From catalina.out
StandardContext[/osc]: Mapping contextPath='/osc' with
requestURI='/osc/template_designer/select_category.jsp' and
relativeURI='/template_designer/select_category.jsp'
StandardContext[/osc]: Decoded
relativeURI='/template_designer/select_category.jsp'
StandardContext[/osc]:   Trying exact match
StandardContext[/osc]:   Trying prefix match
StandardContext[/osc]:   Trying extension match
StandardContext[/osc]:  Mapped to servlet 'jsp' with servlet path
'/template_designer/select_category.jsp' and path info 'null' and update=true
JspEngine --> /template_designer/select_category.jsp
             ServletPath: /template_designer/select_category.jsp
                PathInfo: null
                RealPath:
/www/htdocs/webapps/osc/template_designer/select_category.jsp
              RequestURI: /osc/template_designer/select_category.jsp
             QueryString: null
          Request Params:
Classpath according to the Servlet Engine is:
/www/htdocs/webapps/osc/WEB-INF/classes/:/www/htdocs/webapps/osc/WEB-INF/lib/mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar:/www/htdocs/webapps/osc/WEB-INF/lib/mysql.jar:/a/www/tomcat/classes/:/a/www/tomcat/lib/jasper-runtime.jar:/a/www/tomcat/lib/naming-factory.jar:/a/www/tomcat/lib/jasper-compiler.jar:/a/www/tomcat/lib/mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar:/a/www/tomcat/lib/mysql.jar:/a/www/tomcat/common/classes/:/a/www/tomcat/common/lib/mail.jar:/a/www/tomcat/common/lib/naming-common.jar:/a/www/tomcat/common/lib/jta-spec1_0_1.jar:/a/www/tomcat/common/lib/tyrex-0.9.7.0.jar:/a/www/tomcat/common/lib/xerces.jar:/a/www/tomcat/common/lib/activation.jar:/a/www/tomcat/common/lib/naming-resources.jar:/a/www/tomcat/common/lib/servlet.jar:/a/www/tomcat/common/lib/mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar:/a/www/tomcat/common/lib/mysql.jar
Class name is: select_0005fcategory$jsp
StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception

Also, the Scots are said to have invented golf.  Then they had
to invent Scotch whiskey to take away the pain and frustration.

Re: Tomcat 4.01/Apache 1.13.22/Mod Webapp

Posted by JS <po...@pooquey.com>.
PS I am clueless on this one guys.
--
Someone did a study of the three most-often-heard phrases in New York
City.  One is "Hey, taxi."  Two is, "What train do I take to get to

Re: Tomcat 4.01/Apache 1.13.22/Mod Webapp

Posted by JS <po...@pooquey.com>.
Maybe I should explain it a little better:
My Set up:
server.xml only has a service declared for apache mod_webapp. no stand alone.
apache has WebAppDeploy for the application
I want to be able to run the app from a directory under my apache doc root
so I have my files under there /www/htdocs/webapp
for some reason, I think because of the way my xml files are configured, the
app, apache, or tomcat (I don't know which) cannot access all of my class
files.

> JS at pooquey@pooquey.com wrote:
> > Okay I'm desparate.  I need help.  You guys have been great, but here's
> > my deal:
> > I have set up Tomcat 4.01 to serve jsp alongside apache.  I'm trying to
> > deploy an app that uses jdbc connections to mysql.  I know the
> > connections work, but I am having a problem setting up server.xml and
> > web.xml properly to stop the IllegalStateException errors my app keeps
> > throwing once it connects through jdbc.  Any suggestions?
>
> It doesn't look like anything is weird with mod_webapp... IMO it's a JSP
> issue... Or does that stands out _only_ thru apache, while it works stand
> alone?
>
>     Pier

I am, in point of fact, a particularly haughty and exclusive person, of
pre-Adamite ancestral descent.  You will understand this when I tell you
that I can trace my ancestry back to a protoplasmal primordial atomic
globule.  Consequently, my family pride is something inconceivable.  I
can't help it.  I was born sneering.
		-- Pooh-Bah, "The Mikado"

Re: Tomcat 4.01/Apache 1.13.22/Mod Webapp

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.