Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sunnyfr <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/14 11:44:05 UTC

solr1.3 dismax qf/bf boolean

Hi,

I try to find an equilibrium between all my boost, but I'm a bit confused
between qf and bf
so I put :

&qf=title^10

then I try to bring back in first or boost a lot a boolean field when it's
true :
&bf=isbest^10 or 100 or more doesn't bring back in head of list the best one
...???

same for another boolean that I need to boost.

I have to boost as well the recent one so I did :
&bf=recip(rord(created),1,1000,1000)^20

I would like to boost as well the video which are more view then the others
so I tried :
&bf=pow(nb_views,10)

I read the wiki, but I'm still a bit confused.
And have to say that result are not good and even sometime bring me back in
head of list a title which even didn't contain words that I look for, like
for q=tom jerry (my schema contain OR as default maybe I should put AND and
manage properly mm property) and the first video that I have doesn't
contrain this words.

?qt=dismax&fl=*&bf=isbest^10&qf=title^30&qf=title_en^20&bf=recip(rord(created),1,1000,1000)^20&qf=description^1&bf=pow(stat_views,10)&debugQuery=true&q=tom
jerry

I checked my debug but I just don't get why really it doesn't bring me back
exactly the same words in first .. I know I boost other fields but it should
bring back up them in first.?
Sorry I'm confusing,

Thanks a lot for your help

Re: solr1.3 dismax qf/bf boolean

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Nov 14, 2008, at 5:44 AM, sunnyfr wrote:
> I read the wiki, but I'm still a bit confused.
> And have to say that result are not good and even sometime bring me
> back in
> head of list a title which even didn't contain words that I look
> for, like
> for q=tom jerry (my schema contain OR as default maybe I should put
> AND and
> manage properly mm property) and the first video that I have doesn't
> contrain this words.
>
> ?
> qt
> =
> dismax
> &fl=*&bf=isbest^10&qf=title^30&qf=title_en^20&bf=recip(rord(created),
> 1,1000,1000)^20&qf=description^1&bf=pow(stat_views,
> 10)&debugQuery=true&q=tom
> jerry
>
> I checked my debug but I just don't get why really it doesn't bring
> me back
> exactly the same words in first .. I know I boost other fields but
> it should
> bring back up them in first.?
> Sorry I'm confusing,

qf must be single valued.... append all of those together into a
single qf with a space separator (URL encoded):

    &qf=title^30+title_en^20+description

Same with bf, it is single-valued so you have to combine everything
into a single parameter.

	Erik