Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Niklaus Giger <ni...@member.fsf.org> on 2012/10/26 11:59:31 UTC

gem produced from git clone should have a different version!

Hi

I lost quite a few hours because for testing purposes I do install from time
to time a recent checkout.

The current state has a regression, which I am tracking down. That is expected
when you try a new version.

It however also destroyed also my local stable builds, where I pay attention
to install fixed version of buildr and other gems.

Please push the version of the origin branch to something different than the
last stable release!

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Niklaus

Re: gem produced from git clone should have a different version!

Posted by Niklaus Giger <ni...@member.fsf.org>.
Hi

I did a clone git://github.com/apache/buildr.git. The mapping is correct
and as Alex said as of today a "gem build buildr.gemspec" results in a
buildr-1.4.8.gem

And a 1.4.9.dev version afterwards will be fine for me, too!

Best regards

Niklaus

--
Niklaus Giger
Wieshoschet 6

Re: gem produced from git clone should have a different version!

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Niklaus,

You're right, trunk/master should have a different version than that of the
latest release.

Peter Donald recently set the version to 1.4.8 as he's working on that
release.... after that, we should set it to 1.4.9.dev to avoid this kind of
problem.

alex