Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Santiago Acosta <sa...@intermodaltelematics.com> on 2022/03/31 13:49:14 UTC

Fwd: Contribute to RabbitMQDeclareSupport

Hi,

I would like to contribute a very simple patch file to
org.apache.camel.component.rabbitmq.RabbitMQDeclareSupport

I am interested in the following configuration to actually perform the
binding while skipping the declarations (or demanding they exist passively).

- declare = true
- skipQueueDeclare = true
- skipExchangeDeclare = true
- skipQueueBind = false

I am not entirely sure this micro-patch requires testing or documentation
changes.

Also, this is my first contribution/patch. If there are any remarks or
guidelines that I am missing, please let me know so I can improve it.
I am carrying out the change on branch main (dc66701db86).

Addendum:
I would like to know if this change could possibly be backported to older
versions, eg: v3.11.x.

Re: Contribute to RabbitMQDeclareSupport

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Thanks.

The Pull Request should be opened against the main branch of Apache Camel
repository, you're are opening it against your fork.

Posted by Santiago Acosta <sa...@intermodaltelematics.com>.
I created the Jira Ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-17892

Posted by Santiago Acosta <sa...@intermodaltelematics.com>.
I created a PR from my fork.

I just signed up into the ASF Jira. I am sorry, I will try to do the Jira
thing and link the PR, if that is possible

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 3:09 PM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yeah sure contributions is much appreciated
> https://camel.apache.org/community/contributing/
>
> You need to create a JIRA and send the patch as either as attachment
> to JIRA or as github PR.
> More details in link above.
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 3:49 PM Santiago Acosta
> <sa...@intermodaltelematics.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to contribute a very simple patch file to
> org.apache.camel.component.rabbitmq.RabbitMQDeclareSupport
> >
> > I am interested in the following configuration to actually perform the
> binding while skipping the declarations (or demanding they exist passively).
> >
> > - declare = true
> > - skipQueueDeclare = true
> > - skipExchangeDeclare = true
> > - skipQueueBind = false
> >
> > I am not entirely sure this micro-patch requires testing or
> documentation changes.
> >
> > Also, this is my first contribution/patch. If there are any remarks or
> guidelines that I am missing, please let me know so I can improve it.
> > I am carrying out the change on branch main (dc66701db86).
> >
> > Addendum:
> > I would like to know if this change could possibly be backported to
> older versions, eg: v3.11.x.
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Best regards,
*Santiago Acosta Arreaza*

Intermodal Telematics S.L.
Prisma building, 1st floor, Office 1.5
Fotógrafo José Norberto Rguez. Díaz st., 2
San Cristobal de La Laguna, SC de Tenerife
38204, Spain

+34 922 31 56 05
www.intermodaltelematics.com

Re: Contribute to RabbitMQDeclareSupport

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello and thanks,

We could review the patch in this way, but it's really much more easier if
you could send a PR on GitHub.

At least the process to review it's clearer.

Il gio 31 mar 2022, 15:50 Santiago Acosta <