Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jekillen <je...@prodigy.net> on 2006/09/27 07:16:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Two Nics, several ips aliased to each one

Hello Apache list;
I have a server running FreeBSD 6.0 RELEASE  with Apache 1.3.34.
I have two network interface cards. I have Three static public IP's
assigned to one interface card  and three internal IP's assigned to
the other interface. I want to do IP based hosting. I got as far as
a warning message informing me that Apache could not resolve one
of the internal IP addresses. My plan is to have internal access to the
virtual hosts as well as external access to the hosts from a dev/admin
machine.
The question is:
In this situation is Apache looking for  dns records for the internal
addresses, or would there be other reasons for the warning?

As It stands now I have three sites served on this machine and
all three of each group of addresses brings up one of the sites.

I am having more trouble with this (virtual host setup) for some
reason, than setting up my DNS records and configuration.

I have a copy of Apache the Definitive Guide published by O'Reilly,
as well as other books and subscriptions to other tech lists but can't
seem to get a handle on this.
Thanks in advance for knowledgeable responses.
Jeff K.
jekillen@prodigy.net
try
www.brushandbard.com
www.serioussite,com
www.jekillen.com
They will all bring up
www.brushandbard.com
I do not presently have enough business
to call myself a business, let alone get professional help
at a professional price.
JK