Posted to dev@age.apache.org by Young Seung Andrew Ko <yo...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/21 06:50:27 UTC

After openCypher

Thank you, AGE team!

It seems the project is nearing to the completion of implementing an engine
to process openCypher-based graph queries to an extent that it can allow
many important graph operations on PostgreSQL.

Any suggestions or recommendations on what should follow after this
meaningful milestone?
- Support for PostgreSQL 12, 13 and 14
- Making AGE + PostgreSQL distributed
- Some tools to make AGE easier to use
- ...

Andrew Ko

Re: After openCypher

Posted by Jasper Blues <ja...@liberation-data.com>.
+1 Graph Algorithms!

Re: After openCypher

Posted by Joe Fagan <jo...@bitnine.net>.

Re: After openCypher

Posted by Jasper Blues <ja...@liberation-data.com>.
I’m not sure if it is part of the official openCYPHER spec, however I would like to see support for:

https://neo4j.com/blog/cypher-graphql-neo4j-3-1-preview/ <https://neo4j.com/blog/cypher-graphql-neo4j-3-1-preview/>

Also is it possible to use AgensGraph drivers with AGE?

The reason for asking is I would like to support GraphQL in DRIVINE.ORG <http://drivine.org/> such that:

Default queries and mutations can be auto-generated

^— This will mean that using AGE with DRIVINE can serve GraphQL APIs on par with the leading graph DB, and AGE can be promoted as part of the GraphQL buzz.

Re: After openCypher

Posted by Nicholas Sorrell <ni...@cint.io>.
I echo the requests for:
* Support for newer Postgres versions (and upgrades) - this seems like a really important feature with PG11 EOL in Nov-2023. So not around the corner, but certainly on the horizon, and likely a barrier for higher adoption rates.
* Support for indexes - this is also a fundamental feature that will allow the product to scale vertically (vs distributed which would help it scale horizontally)

--
Nick Sorrell

Posted by Pieterjan De Potter <pi...@ugent.be.INVALID>.