Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by cg...@canada.com on 2004/02/26 21:43:07 UTC

installing svnserve on suse 9

Hello,

I am using a suse 9 development box and want to start
using subversion on it. Preferrably svn+ssh. I
installed the rpms off the suse cd and everything works
and seems to be in its right place for the most part. I
wanted to test the config locally on the machine and
can run snvserve -d -r /srv/svn/repos with a simple
test repository and all is good and works.

Before I created a sym link to
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/s99svnserve for auto start I tried
running:

/etc/init.d/svnserve start

and nothing happens. I looked that the script and at
line 48 theres a call to /etc/sysconfig/svnserve. This
filed doesnt exist.

Whats supposed to be in this file??

Thanks,

CG

Re: installing svnserve on suse 9

Posted by John Peacock <jp...@rowman.com>.
cgarrett@canada.com wrote:

> I am using a suse 9 development box and want to start
> using subversion on it. Preferrably svn+ssh. I
> installed the rpms off the suse cd and everything works
> and seems to be in its right place for the most part.

But what version of Subversion is it?  1.0 came out on Monday, so I doubt that
SuSE has a 1.0 RPM ready just yet.

Try 'svn --version' and see what it says...

> and nothing happens. I looked that the script and at
> line 48 theres a call to /etc/sysconfig/svnserve. This
> filed doesnt exist.
>
> Whats supposed to be in this file??

No idea; you'll have to ask whoever created the SuSE RPM...

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group