Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by satya swaroop <ss...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/17 12:18:02 UTC

stream.url problem

hi all,
       i am indexing the documents to solr that are in my system. now i need
to index the files that are in remote system, i enabled the remote streaming
to true in solrconfig.xml and when i use the stream.url it shows the error
as ""connection refused"" and the detail of the error is:::

when i sent the request in my browser as::

http://localhost:8080/solr/update/extract?stream.url=http://remotehost/home/san/Desktop/programming_erlang_armstrong.pdf&literal.id=schb2

i get the error as::::

HTTP Status 500 - Connection refused java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refused at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor11.newInstance(Unknown
Source) at
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513) at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$6.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1368)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(HttpURLConnection.java:1362)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1016)
at
org.apache.solr.common.util.ContentStreamBase$URLStream.getStream(ContentStreamBase.java:88)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.extraction.ExtractingDocumentLoader.load(ExtractingDocumentLoader.java:161)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:54)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:131)
at
org.apache.solr.core.RequestHandlers$LazyRequestHandlerWrapper.handleRequest(RequestHandlers.java:237)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1323) at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:337)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:240)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at
at
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at
at
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:852)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) Caused by:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333) at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195) at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182) at
java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366) at
java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:525) at
java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:475) at
sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:163) at
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:394) at
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:529) at
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:233) at
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:306) at
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:323) at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:860)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:801)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:726)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1049)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderField(HttpURLConnection.java:2173)
at java.net.URLConnection.getContentType(URLConnection.java:485) at
org.apache.solr.common.util.ContentStreamBase$URLStream.<init>(ContentStreamBase.java:81)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrRequestParsers.buildRequestFrom(SolrRequestParsers.java:136)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrRequestParsers.parse(SolrRequestParsers.java:116)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:225)

if any body know
please help me with this....

regards,
satya

Re: stream.url problem

Posted by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com>.
If the connector port number in your localhost is same as in other system
then this error is probable..You can change port number in server.xml of
your system or other system and make them different...If it is different
only then one other probablity is remote access enabled or not...

Rajani Maski

Re: stream.url problem

Posted by Tim Terlegård <ti...@gmail.com>.

Re: stream.url problem

Posted by satya swaroop <ss...@gmail.com>.

> [...]
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1016)
> at
> org.apache.solr.common.util.ContentStreamBase$URLStream.getStream(ContentStreamBase.java:88)
> at
> org.apache.solr.handler.extraction.ExtractingDocumentLoader.load(ExtractingDocumentLoader.java:161)
> at
> org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:57)
> at
> org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:133)
> at
> org.apache.solr.core.RequestHandlers$LazyRequestHandlerWrapper.handleRequest(RequestHandlers.java:242)
> at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1355) at
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:340)
> at
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:241)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
> at
> at
> at
> at
> at
> at
> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:852)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) Caused by:
> java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server at
> sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:769) at
> sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:632) at
> sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:766) at
> sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:632) at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1072)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderField(HttpURLConnection.java:2173)
> at java.net.URLConnection.getContentType(URLConnection.java:485) at
> org.apache.solr.common.util.ContentStreamBase$URLStream.<init>(ContentStreamBase.java:81)
> at
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrRequestParsers.buildRequestFrom(SolrRequestParsers.java:138)
> at
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrRequestParsers.parse(SolrRequestParsers.java:117)
> at
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:226)

 satya

Re: stream.url problem

Posted by Travis Low <tl...@4centurion.com>.
"Connection refused" (in any context) almost always means that nothing is
listening on the TCP port that you are trying to connect to. So either the
process you are connecting to isn't running, or you are trying to connect to
the wrong port.