Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Steve Jovanovic <st...@noumenaut.com> on 2003/04/03 23:34:28 UTC

WANTED: Struts Developers!

Hello,
Are you interested in working on a high-profile product in a radically
fun and challenging environment?
We're looking for two experienced Struts developers to join our team to
help with the construction of Noumenaut Skribe, our high-profile
journaling application, and Noumenaut Directory, our user registration
system.
What is Skribe? We aim to build the most powerful journaling application
ever devised. Here are just a few of the features we envision:
variable content based on security settings; auto-save; import from and
export to a wide variety of formats; an aesthetic, dynamic working
environment supporting themes; new entry notifications using e-mail and
instant messaging; spell checking, reader feedback, audio; video;
powerful searching capabilities; hit stats; journal categories; a
Google-like search mechanism for finding journals, writers, and readers;
full html support; both web-based and Java Swing app presentation
layers; and a lot more besides!
None of our positions are paid (yet? :) ) but working on our team is a
lot of fun and a terrific learning experience! If you're interested in
deepening your Java skills and would like to work on a product that we
believe will become the best journaling system anywhere, we're anxious
to have you aboard!
We use Orion 2.0 as our app server; MySQL for our database; Eclipse and
JBuilder, Ant, and CVS for development; and Linux on our server.
We're seeking developers who:
*	Are intimately familiar with the Servlet 2.3 API and with JSP
development;
*	Have at least a fundamental understanding of Struts (we can help
you to learn);
*	Are comfortable with JDBC;
*	Are comfortable implementing code from UML specs;
*	Love learning new technologies and brainstorming ideas;
*	Have at least five hours per week to contribute to coding; and
most importantly
*	Are passionate about having fun and making a difference!
If this is you, please e-mail me at stevej@noumenaut.com and let's get
you aboard! :)
For info about Noumenaut's Vision, please see:
http://dev.noumenaut.com/project/Noumenaut/Noumenaut_Vision/index.xml?ti
tle=Noumenaut+Vision
<http://dev.noumenaut.com/project/Noumenaut/Noumenaut_Vision/index.xml?t
itle=Noumenaut+Vision&comments=+4+comments+%3A>
&comments=+4+comments+%3A
If you like, feel free to create an account for yourself on our intranet
at http://dev.noumenaut.com <http://dev.noumenaut.com/>  and have a look
at our Developer FAQ, which you can find under
Tools->XMLViewer->Developer FAQ.
Finally, if you do have a look around, I hope that you'll get a pretty
good idea of the direction in which we're heading. We've taken great
care to develop what we believe is one of the most amazing websites
anywhere, and we're anxious to deliver the same quality and fruits of
our creative experiments to our future users. We feel that Skribe is
going to revolutionize web journaling. We have a highly talented team,
including the famous Irish web designer, Matt Hutchinson, and we're
anxious to deliver our products to market as soon as possible. If you
share our vision and love collaborating on a team of friends, we look
forward to working with you. :)
We hope you enjoy your stay!
Steve
Noumenaut Studios