Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/12 22:30:16 UTC

Plexus Container conflicts

Hi,

while running the test suite of the xml-maven-plugin, I seem to suffer
from the same problems, as described in

    http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@maven.apache.org/msg68062.html

I have read the thread and the diagnosis, but I do not understand any
suggested workarounds. Could anybody please explain what to do?

Thanks,

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)

Re: Plexus Container conflicts

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jochen,

I think the consensus was to use the enforcer-plugin to ensure that
plexus-component-api wasn't being brought in, and then use exclusions
to stop this occurring transitively.  Have a read of the pom for
specifics:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-dependency-plugin/pom.xml

Cheers,

Mark