Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2005/04/13 11:27:24 UTC

postpone the JCR integration to 1.6

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 10:51 +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> We decided to postpone the JCR integration to 1.6

Hmm, when did WE decided that?

Did I miss a vote?

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: postpone the JCR integration to 1.6

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
>>As long as it doesn't get stabilized I don't think anyone will use it in
>>production. But I think this is very important.

the easiest way people can help is to make sure the dozens of patches
that were only applied to 1.2 are finally ported to 1.4

Re: postpone the JCR integration to 1.6

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 12:50 +0200, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>

> >Ok, cheers.
> >
> >Maybe we should cast a vote and update the roadmap.
> >

> I don't think we should postpone it, because we make quite nice progress
> on JCR integration into Lenya, but realistically it will take another 3
> months
> until it will be finished and can be used within production.
>
> I think the question is rather what is 1.4 supposed to be in general?

For me it WAS about the JCR integration. That is why I was so surprised
that it should be postponed.

Now we have some other new feature that are worth releasing ASAP but
like you said it is problematic if we do not consider them stable.

I as well have the feeling that the integration is quite smooth (seeing
the traffic on this topic).

> As long as it doesn't get stabilized I don't think anyone will use it in
> production. But I think this is very important.

I see your point. If we are talking about 3 month for the JCR
integration and 2-3 month for generally releasing 1.4. I would be +1 to
wait as long as the integration is completed.

That is the reason I see the need for voting on such stuff.

salu2

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>Ok, cheers.
>
>Maybe we should cast a vote and update the roadmap.

I don't think we should postpone it, because we make quite nice progress
on JCR integration into Lenya, but realistically it will take another 3
months
until it will be finished and can be used within production.

I think the question is rather what is 1.4 supposed to be in general?

As long as it doesn't get stabilized I don't think anyone will use it in
production. But I think this is very important.

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: postpone the JCR integration to 1.6

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 10:51 +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>>We decided to postpone the JCR integration to 1.6
>>

> Hmm, when did WE decided that?
>
> Did I miss a vote?

No, you're right. It has been discussed, but no vote was done.

Thread start:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lenya-dev/200502.mbox/%3c1108327538.5319.17.camel@swan.rkunet.org%3e

Apparently JCR is still on the 1.4 roadmap.

-- Andreas