Posted to dev@ripple.apache.org by Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/05 21:17:18 UTC

[Discuss] https://github.com/apache/incubator-ripple/pull/8 (per app custom middleware)

Hey all,

Just wanted to create a thread about this PR that is up.

Thoughts?

It seems like this could be a useful feature for any user(s), and I see no
reason why it would be negative to the project.

Given that, I am wondering if we should pull this in as is (after a normal
review), and go from there, considering:

1. We are not 1.x.x, and do not have a (documented) stable way of using the
software or plugging into it. Until then, I think we can have features
added that could eventually change (and be documented) by then.

2. Gets the feature ASAP in for a user who would actively use it.

--
Brent Lintner

Re: [Discuss] https://github.com/apache/incubator-ripple/pull/8 (per app custom middleware)

Posted by Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com>.
Hey Damon,

Nope, it definitely got through. Hopefully I did not accidentally reject
yours the first time (don't think I did) :-O.

That would be epic if you would like to help implement/code this. We really
appreciate the help. :-)

At least we don't have to set this in stone.. but if you want to get things
to a point where there is, say, a ".ripple/hooks/middleware.js" file that
will only get picked up, that is solid too, IMO.

Unless others have different thoughts?

Posted by Damon Oehlman <da...@fluxant.com>.

Posted by Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com>.