Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Johan Kok <jk...@messianic.dyndns.org> on 2004/01/31 09:06:41 UTC

meta tags....

I would like to have the following meta tags in the translated html
pages to register on some search engines:

<META NAME="Triathlon Northern Gauteng" CONTENT="Triathlon Northern
Gauteng">
  <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon, TNG,
TSA, swim, run, cycle, cycling, cross-country, endurance, extreme,
ironman, results, calendar">

What would be the best way to include such, taking into account that one
would prefer to have it on a page with particular content, e.g. the
results or events pages as well, rather than just the web-site's main
page...

I know there is a simple way to declare one's tag, but I cannot find any
reference to that.

Regards
Johan Kok

Re: meta tags....

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Johan Kok wrote:

> I would like to have the following meta tags in the translated html
> pages to register on some search engines:
>
> <META NAME="Triathlon Northern Gauteng" CONTENT="Triathlon Northern
> Gauteng">
>  <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon, TNG,
> TSA, swim, run, cycle, cycling, cross-country, endurance, extreme,
> ironman, results, calendar">
>
> What would be the best way to include such, taking into account that one
> would prefer to have it on a page with particular content, e.g. the
> results or events pages as well, rather than just the web-site's main
> page...

Right now I don't think there is an easy way to include this on specific
pages. You could add it to every page on your site by including it in
your XSL, or you could configure a metadata matcher in the sitemap that
is used when building the page. This would allow content to be defined
for each page as well as some content to be autogenerated, such as last
modified - I seem to remember a discussion about this some time ago,
have a look in the archives.

Unfortunatley document1.2 does not support metadata and so there is no
way of including it in your source content (even if your source allows
it it gets lost when converting to the intermediate format of doc1.2
This will change with the move to XHTML2, but i Don't think that will be
happening until after the next release of Forrest.

Ross