Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mostafa Zarifyar <za...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/06 08:27:08 UTC

Restoring Kafka data to one broker

Kafka is a self-healing ecosystem. If you have your replication factors correctly configured and the data that has been deleted is properly replicated, you should be able to add a new broker to the cluster, start it and it will catch up. It will take a while to catch up but it will.

This happened with one of my clusters (300 GB) where we had to remove all the data due to a corruption  issue. It took about 4 hours but the cluster was able to balance itself again.

Thank you