Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Pooja Maheshwari <po...@impetus.co.in> on 2009/02/06 15:22:32 UTC

Regarding Apache 2.2.11 src compilation

Hi,

I am new to Apache module programming. Can some help me on following points:

1.       I am trying to compile Apache 2.2.11 win32 sources on VS 2005, but facing compilation error
1>------ Build started: Project: mod_actions, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>mod_actions.c
1>Compiling resources...
1>Linking...
1>LINK : warning LNK4068: /MACHINE not specified; defaulting to X86
1>   Creating library .\Debug/mod_actions.lib and object .\Debug/mod_actions.exp
1>Embedding manifest...
1>Embed .manifest
1>The system cannot find the path specified.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Embed .manifest"
I have applied the changes as suggested regarding VC++ Directories -> Include paths ( double slash at ends) and Resource preprocessor definitions - blank and additional options (as mentioned in http://www.bokebb.com/dev/english/1960/posts/196054729.shtml).

2.       The Apache 2.2.11 win32 installer doesn't contain the desired include & lib directories. Is it a known issue? Or please point me to a good latest release + sources.

3.       Some good quick links to get hands on apache module development in C on windows.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pooja Maheshwari | Lead Software Engineer | Impetus
(BoxTone Labs, a part of BoxTone Engineering)
Phone Number:
+91-731-4269300, ext. 4349 (O)
+91-9977326001 (M)
+91-9752598162 (M)

________________________________
* Meet us at Hall 2/Booth 2C111 at the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Feb 16-19, 2009.
* Attend the qLabs webinar on Test Case Prioritization on Feb 20, 2009. Visit www.impetus.com for details.

Impetus is the winner of the Economic Times Intel Smart Workplace Awards 2008 and the CNBC emerging India 2008.

RE: Regarding Apache 2.2.11 src compilation

Posted by Pooja Maheshwari <po...@impetus.co.in>.
Hi Bob,

Thanks for all the help. I was able to get Apache 2.2 up along with lib & include. The problem was that by default it doesn't install those dir's.

Thanks again,
Pooja

Posted by Bob Ionescu <bo...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Pooja Maheshwari <po...@impetus.co.in>.
Thanks Bob for the reply and apxs win32 pointer.

I again checked at link http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi and found that the 2.2.11 nossl & openssl (both) binaries DONOT contain lib and include folders at all. Do I need to manually copy the stuff from apache 2.2.11 build or is there a working win32 version available?

Also the sources are giving compilation problems which after few configuration changes now give warnings on embed.manifest file.

Thanks,
Pooja

> 2.       The Apache 2.2.11 win32 installer doesn't contain the desired include & lib directories. Is it a known issue? Or please point me to a good latest release + sources.

The binary from http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi should contain
the folders include and lib; only the mod_rewrite.h header isn't
exported in Makefile.win in 2.2.

> 3.       Some good quick links to get hands on apache module development in C on windows.

Not directly related but a win version of apxs can be found on
http://perl.apache.org/dist/win32-bin/apxs_win32.tar.gz

Bob

Posted by Bob Ionescu <bo...@googlemail.com>.