Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu> on 2003/11/03 04:26:14 UTC

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Kyle Hamilton wrote:

> Would it be safe to say that everything posted on the mailing list is
> covered by the GNU Free Documentation License
> http://www.fsf.org/licenses/fdl.txt if I am wrong please post to the list or

Actually nothing at the Apache Software Foundation falls under any GNU
license.  With the exception of PHP, it's all under the Apache License
(currently version 1.1) as far as I'm aware.

--Cliff

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
[What's with the cross-post?  Seems quite rude to me.]

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Kyle Hamilton wrote:
>
> > Would it be safe to say that everything posted on the mailing list is
> > covered by the GNU Free Documentation License
> > http://www.fsf.org/licenses/fdl.txt if I am wrong please post to the list or
>
> Actually nothing at the Apache Software Foundation falls under any GNU
> license.  With the exception of PHP, it's all under the Apache License
> (currently version 1.1) as far as I'm aware.

And I see no reason to believe that mailing list postings are covered by
any license, including the Apache one.  Most likely, the senders retain
their copyright unless otherwise stated.

Joshua.

Re: GNU Free Documentation License and all Apache Mailing Lists

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.