Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/05 19:47:33 UTC

Qpid Status page, was Re: Graduation resolution feedback - Qpid as TLP

Shouldn't Qpid Status page (news section) have information regarding
releases, voting new committers, etc These information help others to
have an idea of the project dynamics ? See example [1].

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/tuscany.html

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: Qpid Status page, was Re: Graduation resolution feedback - Qpid as TLP

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Thanks Rajith,

I guess we are then ready to start a vote.

regards,
Carl.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Thanks Rajith,

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
folks,

wrote:

> Carl Trieloff wrote:
> > Yoav Shapira wrote:
> >> No rush, I probably won't get to do it until Monday next week anyhow.
> >> Others are welcome to help as well, it's not all on your shoulders ;)
> >>
> >> Yoav
> >>

> > We are also missing Criag as a mentor on our status page. Below I have
> > started a list for
> > news, please correct and add to the list. This is what I have dug out
> > of the board reports so far.
> >
> > Carl
> >

> > Aug 06 - Acceptance into Incubator
> > Sept 06 - Project setup
> > Nov 06 - Creation of committer accounts
> > Nov 06 - IP Clearance for code grant
> > Jan 07 - New C++ build/ make system
> > May 07 - Addition of new committers (7 by May)
> > June 07 - Addition of .NET client
> > June 07 - M1 release of Qpid
> > July 07 - Addition of new committers (3 more by July)
> > July 07 - Closing of legal questions on TCK  & passing all JMS TCK tests
> > Oct 07 - M2 release of Qpid
> > Nov 07 - Addition of new committers (2 more by Nov)
> > Dec 07 - Moving of build system back to Ant
> > Dec 07 - Set scope and dates for M2.1
> > Jan 08 - Vote of Qpid community to request graduation as TLP
> > Feb 08 - Karma clean up, done by community process
>

> Updated, dates by looking at svn log.
>
> Carl.

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
blog: http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: Qpid Status page, was Re: Graduation resolution feedback - Qpid as TLP

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
folks,

wrote:

> Carl Trieloff wrote:
> > Yoav Shapira wrote:
> >> No rush, I probably won't get to do it until Monday next week anyhow.
> >> Others are welcome to help as well, it's not all on your shoulders ;)
> >>
> >> Yoav
> >>

> > We are also missing Criag as a mentor on our status page. Below I have
> > started a list for
> > news, please correct and add to the list. This is what I have dug out
> > of the board reports so far.
> >
> > Carl
> >

> > Aug 06 - Acceptance into Incubator
> > Sept 06 - Project setup
> > Nov 06 - Creation of committer accounts
> > Nov 06 - IP Clearance for code grant
> > Jan 07 - New C++ build/ make system
> > May 07 - Addition of new committers (7 by May)
> > June 07 - Addition of .NET client
> > June 07 - M1 release of Qpid
> > July 07 - Addition of new committers (3 more by July)
> > July 07 - Closing of legal questions on TCK  & passing all JMS TCK tests
> > Oct 07 - M2 release of Qpid
> > Nov 07 - Addition of new committers (2 more by Nov)
> > Dec 07 - Moving of build system back to Ant
> > Dec 07 - Set scope and dates for M2.1
> > Jan 08 - Vote of Qpid community to request graduation as TLP
> > Feb 08 - Karma clean up, done by community process
>

> Updated, dates by looking at svn log.
>
> Carl.

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
blog: http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: Qpid Status page, was Re: Graduation resolution feedback - Qpid as TLP

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> No rush, I probably won't get to do it until Monday next week anyhow.
> Others are welcome to help as well, it's not all on your shoulders ;)
>
> Yoav

We are also missing Criag as a mentor on our status page. Below I have
started a list for
news, please correct and add to the list. This is what I have dug out of
the board reports so far.

Carl

Aug 06 - Acceptance into Incubator
Sept 06 - Project setup
Nov 06 - Creation of committer accounts
Nov 06 - IP Clearance for code grant
?? 07 - Migration of build system to Maven

??

May?? 07 - M1 release of Qpid
May 07 - Addition of new committers (7)
June 07 - Addition of .NET client
June 07 - Added Ruby client

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
>  > >
>  > >> less awareness of their activity in both directions. The worse part of
>  > >> it is that the lack of awareness will probably reduce the probability
> of
>  > >> any of the PMC members to be nominated for ASF membership...
>  > >> perpetuating the disconnect.
>  > >>
>  > >
>  > > Ahh, good one! Makes sense.
>  > >
>  > > Qpid PPMC, assuming no one objects, please add me to your TLP
>  > > resolution as a PMC member. If someone objects, let's talk on
>  > > qpid-private.
>  > >
>  > > Yoav
>  > >
>  >
>  > Fantastic, glad to have you. Will add you when we send out an update or

Yoav

Re: Qpid Status page, was Re: Graduation resolution feedback - Qpid as TLP

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
> [...]

>  > wrote:
>  >  >
>  >  >> less awareness of their activity in both directions. The worse part of
>  >  >> it is that the lack of awareness will probably reduce the probability of
>  >  >> any of the PMC members to be nominated for ASF membership...
>  >  >> perpetuating the disconnect.
>  >  >>
>  >  >
>  >  > Ahh, good one! Makes sense.
>  >  >
>  >  > Qpid PPMC, assuming no one objects, please add me to your TLP
>  >  > resolution as a PMC member. If someone objects, let's talk on
>  >  > qpid-private.
>  >  >
>  >  > Yoav
>  >  >
>  >
>  >  Fantastic, glad to have you. Will add you when we send out an update or

Yoav