Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/05 10:13:07 UTC

[DISCUSS] TableAPI renaming toTable

Hi folks,

I thought about renaming the TableEnvironment.toTable() method to
TableEnvironment.fromDataSet().
This would be closer to SQL FROM and allow to add other methods like
fromCSV(), fromHCat(), fromParquet(), fromORC(), etc.

If we decide for the renaming, we should do it before the release.

Cheers, Fabian

Re: [DISCUSS] TableAPI renaming toTable

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everybody,