Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Denny Vrandecic <de...@nodix.de> on 2003/10/14 16:29:10 UTC

Non-local DTDs

Hi,

I hope, the following is not a boring question...
If my doctype declaration looks like this:
<!DOCTYPE gxl SYSTEM "http://www.gupro.de/GXL/gxl-1.0.dtd">
and I tell DOMBuilder to validate, he sputters the following error message:
An exception occurred! Type: MalformedURLException, Message:The URL used an
unsupported protocol in line 2, column 60. (which is the above line).
But in the Xerces FAQ it says, http is supported by default. Now, what am I
doing wrong?

Thanks for reading,
more thanks for answering,
sincerely yours,
Denny Vrandecic

Re: Non-local DTDs

Posted by Denny Vrandecic <de...@nodix.de>.
Hi,
I'm using Xerces 2.2.0 under CygWin. Here's what the code does, with X()
being XMLString::transcode():

  XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();
  DOMParser p =
DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation(X("LS"))->createDOMBuilder(D
OMImplementationLS::MODE_SYNCHRONOUS, 0);

  p->SetFeature(X("validate-if-schema"), true);
  p->SetFeature(X("validation"), true);
  p->SetFeature(X("datatype-normalization"), true);
... setting errorHandler...
  DOMDocument* doc = p->parseURI(X(filename));

To repeat for convenience:
<!DOCTYPE gxl SYSTEM "http://www.gupro.de/GXL/gxl-1.0.dtd">
That's what makes the parser throw a MalformedURLException.

Did I set the features wrong? Am I using a dated version of Xerces? Or
where's the error?

Thanks for your help and time,
Denny

Re: Non-local DTDs